Practice conversational English and learn about others as they learn about you!
How would you like to join us for a weekly dinner and some good conversation with Americans and other internationals? This event will help you learn, practice, and develop good conversational English skills---along with the use of some American idioms. You will also have the opportunity to teach others about your culture while learning about theirs.
You may ask, "What is Conversation Club"?
Let me explain:
- It's Americans and Internationals coming together.
- It's Conversational English done in creative ways.
- It's American Idioms and practicing language skills.
- It's dinner each week prepared by some very nice women from IFO.
- It's sharing culture, country, and family.
- It's meeting new people each week.
- It's developing lasting friendships.
- It's learning about others.
- It's others learning about you.
- And It's FREE!
We are looking forward to spending time each week with our internationals friends. We hope that you will come and join us and let us get to know you. See photos of our Conversation Club group.
Here are the details:
When: Monday nights
Dates: Monday nights: Sept.8–Oct. 13, 2014 for the Little Rock group
Time: 6:00pm - 8:30PM
Where: MetroBCM, 5515 West 32nd St. on the UALR campus.
(Directions provided below.)
Dinner will be served each Monday night, so come hungry! Please RSVP to help us plan well. Sponsored by
International Friendship Outreach and Metro Student Ministry.
we can plan well.
Directions to Metro Student Ministry:
- Metro is on the UALR campus.
- Take I-630 to Fair Park.
- Go south on Fair Park.
- You will pass 12th Street and then through a residential area.
- You will then come up on the back side of UALR.
- You will see the UALR dorm on the right and then the street light at W32nd street.
- Turn right on W32nd Street.
- Metro will be on the left.
- We will meet downstairs.
This will be a great place to make friends!